Probe into Michael Schumacher fall closed: Prosecutor
Paris: French investigators have ruled out any third party involvement in the ski accident of former Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher and have closed the case, the local prosecutor said on Monday.
"The investigation into the causes and consequences of the December 29 skiing accident of Michael Schumacher ... has been closed on February 12," Albertville prosecutor Patrick Quincy said in a statement.
"No person has been found guilty of any violation."
Schumacher, 45, has undergone two operations since sustaining brain injuries after hitting his head on a rock while skiing off-piste in the French Alps resort of Meribel.
The seven times world champion was in a stable but critical condition until late January and doctors in the Grenoble hospital have started waking him up progressively by lowering his sedation.
The investigators tried to determine if any third party was responsible for his accident and if Schumacher was aware that he was skiing beyond the marked-out zone.
"Signalling, demarcation and information given on the limits of the piste were in line with the French standards," the prosecutor said.
Schumacher, who quit the sport in 2012 after a disappointing three-year comeback with Mercedes following an earlier retirement from Ferrari at the end of 2006, won a record 91 grands prix.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof