Race car kills four at Czech rally
Prague: A race car killed four people including a child after going off the rally track during the Czech Rally Show Uhersky Brod amateur event.
Three others were driven to hospital with injuries after the accident in Lopenik, South Moravia, but their lives were not in danger.
The car swerved off the road, bumped into a tree and then hit a group of spectators, said police spokeswoman Jana Macalikova.
A fatal accident occurred at the Barum Rally Zlin in the same region in September killing three people.
After that accident, organizers decided to reduce the speed at rally racing events and move spectators farther away from the track in events of the Czech championship.
The RallyShow Uhersky Brod is not part of the Czech championship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress