Race of Champions returning to Bangkok
London: The annual Race of Champions event, won by Germany`s Formula One champions Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher for the past six years, is returning to Bangkok in December.
Organisers said in a statement on Thursday that Thailand had successfully bid to hold the event again at the Rajamangala stadium on December 14-15 - three weeks after the end of the Formula one season.
The competition, held every year since 1988, brings together top drivers from the world of motorsport - including rallying, Le Mans, MotoGP and IndyCar - to compete head-to-head in identical machinery.
French Formula One driver Romain Grosjean was the individual winner last year, with Germany taking the team title.
"Last year`s ROC was Thailand`s largest motor sport event ever. It was an enormous success and put Thailand on the map for major sports events," said Kanokphand Chulakasem, governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- ICC likely to make 12-team main draw in 2018 World T20
- 50,000 fans register for Xiaomi Mi Max launch event
- Euro 2016: Despite another failure, Spain reluctant to change 'tiki-taka' style of play
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!