Race of Champions returning to Bangkok
London: The annual Race of Champions event, won by Germany`s Formula One champions Sebastian Vettel and Michael Schumacher for the past six years, is returning to Bangkok in December.
Organisers said in a statement on Thursday that Thailand had successfully bid to hold the event again at the Rajamangala stadium on December 14-15 - three weeks after the end of the Formula one season.
The competition, held every year since 1988, brings together top drivers from the world of motorsport - including rallying, Le Mans, MotoGP and IndyCar - to compete head-to-head in identical machinery.
French Formula One driver Romain Grosjean was the individual winner last year, with Germany taking the team title.
"Last year`s ROC was Thailand`s largest motor sport event ever. It was an enormous success and put Thailand on the map for major sports events," said Kanokphand Chulakasem, governor of the Sports Authority of Thailand (SAT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price