Raikkonen and Alonso a deadly combo for Ferrari, headache for Red Bull
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: The Red Bull team is once again cruising towards another F1 World Championship title. With 352 points in the Constructors’ Championship, Red Bull is sitting quite comfortably at the top with a lead of 104 points over the second placed Ferrari (248), with only seven races remaining in the season. When it comes to Drivers’ Championship the German driver of Red Bull, Sebastian Vettel is 53 point ahead of the Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, who is at the second position.
Three-time reigning champion Red Bull and its driver Vettel are almost there to make it four in a row in both the Championships. To achieve this success, especially at Constructors’ Championship Vettel always got the support of the other driver in the team -- Mark Webber. The Australian driver always supported the lead driver of the team, Vettel, to give Red Bull the edge over other teams by showing his excellent driving skills to earn as many points he can.
But Webber has announced his retirement from the sport and from next season onwards Daniel Ricciardo, comparatively a less experienced driver, will replace Webber. On the other hand, the recent announcement by Ferrari to sign the ‘Iceman’ Kimi Räikkönen for two years in place of Felipe Massa will give the team a solidity it needs to fight against the powerful machine of Red Bull.
Kimi and Fernando Alonso would be a deadly combo that can give the Red Bull a run for their money. Almost after six decades, Ferrari would be having two World Champions in their team. Alonso is two- time world champion (2005-06) and Kimi claimed the world title in 2007. With a few major changes in rules from next season onwards and deadly combo of Ferrari, it would be a herculean task for the dominating Red Bull team to repeat their feat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in