Raikkonen desires to win F1 championship with Lotus after signing new deal
London: Former Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen has said he wants to win the Formula One drivers’ championship with Lotus after he signed a new deal with the team, which would keep him with the team in the 2013 season.
The 2007 world champ, who is still in with a remote chance of taking this year’s title, reckons he can give it an even better go next season.
“I think it has gone pretty well and the team has done a very good job all year so far,” the Sun quoted Raikkonen, as saying.
“To be honest I didn’t expect to be fighting for the drivers’ championship this season when you look at where the team was in 2011, so it has been great to be on the podium so many times and to score points on a regular basis,” he added.
“I feel very comfortable with Lotus and we share the same philosophy of racing. Continuing with the team was an obvious choice for me and I’m looking forward to us making another step forward together next year,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!