Raikkonen to miss rest of 2013 F1 season
New Delhi: Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen will miss the final two races of the 2013 Formula 1 season as he will be undergoing a back surgery next week.
Finnish paper Turun Sanomat first reported that the 2007 World Champion will miss both the United States and Brazilian Grands Prix because of his back problem which aggravated recently. The surgery which will take place in Salzburg, Austria.
"In an ideal world it would have been nice to finish the season with Lotus in the final two Grands Prix. However, due to the severe pain that Kimi is having, sadly it is not possible," Raikonnen`s manager Steve Robertson told autosport.com Sunday.
The 34-year-old, who will be driving for Ferrari next year, is likely to be replaced by Lotus` reserve driver Davide Valsecchi of Italy.
Raikkonen currently stands third in the drivers` championship and had also won the opening race of the season in Melbourne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence