Raikkonen to stay at Lotus for 2013
New Delhi: Formula 1 team Lotus Renault have retained driver Kimi Raikkonen for the 2013 season, the team announced on Twitter Monday.
A YouTube video was released on the team`s Twitter account stating that the 33-year-old Finn will retain the seat for next year.
The 2007 drivers` World Champion came back into the sport after taking a two-year sabbatical, during which he participated in the World Rally Championship.
On his comeback this season, Raikkonen showed he still belongs on the F1 grid. After 17 races in the 2012 season, he is third in the championship with 173 points due to his consistent performances, despite not winning a race.
Raikkonen has finished second thrice this season in Bahrain, Valencia and Hungary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Swachh Bharat, Skill India 'transformative' schemes: President Pranab Mukherjee
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley