Raikkonen to stay at Lotus for 2013
New Delhi: Formula 1 team Lotus Renault have retained driver Kimi Raikkonen for the 2013 season, the team announced on Twitter Monday.
A YouTube video was released on the team`s Twitter account stating that the 33-year-old Finn will retain the seat for next year.
The 2007 drivers` World Champion came back into the sport after taking a two-year sabbatical, during which he participated in the World Rally Championship.
On his comeback this season, Raikkonen showed he still belongs on the F1 grid. After 17 races in the 2012 season, he is third in the championship with 173 points due to his consistent performances, despite not winning a race.
Raikkonen has finished second thrice this season in Bahrain, Valencia and Hungary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4
- Could 3D printing save our coral reefs? - Watch
- Ranbir Kapoor has a Bollywood style icon and he is a BIGGIE!
- Yemen suicide bombing: At least 45 dead so far