Raikkonen to stay at Lotus for 2013
New Delhi: Formula 1 team Lotus Renault have retained driver Kimi Raikkonen for the 2013 season, the team announced on Twitter Monday.
A YouTube video was released on the team`s Twitter account stating that the 33-year-old Finn will retain the seat for next year.
The 2007 drivers` World Champion came back into the sport after taking a two-year sabbatical, during which he participated in the World Rally Championship.
On his comeback this season, Raikkonen showed he still belongs on the F1 grid. After 17 races in the 2012 season, he is third in the championship with 173 points due to his consistent performances, despite not winning a race.
Raikkonen has finished second thrice this season in Bahrain, Valencia and Hungary.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city