Rally Australia relocates to Coffs Harbour
Sydney: Rally Australia, part of the FIA World Rally Championship, will relocate to Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales from 2011, organisers said.
The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport said the new location, 530 kilometres (330 miles) north of Sydney, would offer WRC competitors and manufacturers some of the most exciting and spectacular rally stages Australia could offer.
Rally Australia was last staged in the Northern Rivers area of NSW in 2009 and was marred by the actions of environmental protesters, who threw rocks at participating cars, causing the cancellation of some stages.
The 2011 leg of Rally Australia is scheduled for September 11.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'