Rally Australia relocates to Coffs Harbour
Sydney: Rally Australia, part of the FIA World Rally Championship, will relocate to Coffs Harbour in northern New South Wales from 2011, organisers said.
The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport said the new location, 530 kilometres (330 miles) north of Sydney, would offer WRC competitors and manufacturers some of the most exciting and spectacular rally stages Australia could offer.
Rally Australia was last staged in the Northern Rivers area of NSW in 2009 and was marred by the actions of environmental protesters, who threw rocks at participating cars, causing the cancellation of some stages.
The 2011 leg of Rally Australia is scheduled for September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns