RBR boss Christian Horner defends Lewis Hamilton over team order row
Zee Media Bureau/Jayanta Oinam
New Delhi: Red Bull Racing boss, Christian Horner sympathises with Lewis Hamilton over the Briton`s ignoring of Mercedes team order during the recent Hungarian Grand Prix.
Hamilton admitted that he was “shocked” to be asked to move over for his team-mate Nico Rosberg as they duelled over third place at the Hungaroring circuit. After the Hungarian GP, Rosberg at 202 points is leading Hamilton by 11 points, and they are in a direct fight for the Drivers` Championship title.
Horner, who helped RBR to multiple championships, said that "Inevitably it is very difficult, because you have the objective of the team and the objectives of the drivers."
"You can understand Lewis. He is fighting Nico and if he lets him run his fastest strategy, it puts himself under pressure... so it is entirely understandable from Lewis` point of view to say `not today thanks`,” added the 40-year-old team principal of RBR.
Justifying his stand, Horner added that “they (Mercedes) have let the guys race openly this year, so it is strange when they are racing again to let one run their fastest strategy."
Having seen his share of row over team orders last season when Sebatian Vettel denied Mark Webber at the Malaysian GP, the former race car driver admitted that “the interesting thing at Mercedes this year is that because they have such an advantage they have let their drivers race, and they are not under threat in the constructors` championship.”
Despite winning the last four titles in both the Drivers` and Constructors` championships, RBR are sitting at a distant second behind Silver Arrows with a gap of 174 points in the team fight, while their drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel are at third and seventh positions respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA