Red Bull boss Horner says Webber will stay despite Malaysian GP fiasco
Sydney: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has claimed Mark Webber would stay with them till the end of the season despite his controversial clash with team-mate Sebastian Vettel.
Defending champion Vettel deliberately disobeyed team orders by overtaking Webber in the closing stages of Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix, before driving to victory and leaving the Australian fuming.
Webber, admitted that he had thought about many things over the race`s closing stages, but Horner has dismissed speculation that he might be tempted to leave the team.
Horner said it was the intent of the team that Webber wins that race, adding they didn`t suddenly give Vettel instruction to pass his teammate.
Horner added Webber is big enough to know there was no malice or intent from the team to create any situation like that, adding he is in a car capable of winning Grand prix races, and hopefully going for a championship, so he has no doubt Webber will see out the season with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional