Red Bull boss Horner says Webber will stay despite Malaysian GP fiasco
Sydney: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has claimed Mark Webber would stay with them till the end of the season despite his controversial clash with team-mate Sebastian Vettel.
Defending champion Vettel deliberately disobeyed team orders by overtaking Webber in the closing stages of Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix, before driving to victory and leaving the Australian fuming.
Webber, admitted that he had thought about many things over the race`s closing stages, but Horner has dismissed speculation that he might be tempted to leave the team.
Horner said it was the intent of the team that Webber wins that race, adding they didn`t suddenly give Vettel instruction to pass his teammate.
Horner added Webber is big enough to know there was no malice or intent from the team to create any situation like that, adding he is in a car capable of winning Grand prix races, and hopefully going for a championship, so he has no doubt Webber will see out the season with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price