Red Bull boss Horner says Webber will stay despite Malaysian GP fiasco
Sydney: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has claimed Mark Webber would stay with them till the end of the season despite his controversial clash with team-mate Sebastian Vettel.
Defending champion Vettel deliberately disobeyed team orders by overtaking Webber in the closing stages of Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix, before driving to victory and leaving the Australian fuming.
Webber, admitted that he had thought about many things over the race`s closing stages, but Horner has dismissed speculation that he might be tempted to leave the team.
Horner said it was the intent of the team that Webber wins that race, adding they didn`t suddenly give Vettel instruction to pass his teammate.
Horner added Webber is big enough to know there was no malice or intent from the team to create any situation like that, adding he is in a car capable of winning Grand prix races, and hopefully going for a championship, so he has no doubt Webber will see out the season with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’