Red Bull boss Horner says Webber will stay despite Malaysian GP fiasco
Sydney: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has claimed Mark Webber would stay with them till the end of the season despite his controversial clash with team-mate Sebastian Vettel.
Defending champion Vettel deliberately disobeyed team orders by overtaking Webber in the closing stages of Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix, before driving to victory and leaving the Australian fuming.
Webber, admitted that he had thought about many things over the race`s closing stages, but Horner has dismissed speculation that he might be tempted to leave the team.
Horner said it was the intent of the team that Webber wins that race, adding they didn`t suddenly give Vettel instruction to pass his teammate.
Horner added Webber is big enough to know there was no malice or intent from the team to create any situation like that, adding he is in a car capable of winning Grand prix races, and hopefully going for a championship, so he has no doubt Webber will see out the season with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble