Red Bull boss Horner says Webber will stay despite Malaysian GP fiasco
Sydney: Red Bull team principle Christian Horner has claimed Mark Webber would stay with them till the end of the season despite his controversial clash with team-mate Sebastian Vettel.
Defending champion Vettel deliberately disobeyed team orders by overtaking Webber in the closing stages of Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix, before driving to victory and leaving the Australian fuming.
Webber, admitted that he had thought about many things over the race`s closing stages, but Horner has dismissed speculation that he might be tempted to leave the team.
Horner said it was the intent of the team that Webber wins that race, adding they didn`t suddenly give Vettel instruction to pass his teammate.
Horner added Webber is big enough to know there was no malice or intent from the team to create any situation like that, adding he is in a car capable of winning Grand prix races, and hopefully going for a championship, so he has no doubt Webber will see out the season with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez