Red Bull celebrate success with donuts at helipad
Dubai: To celebrate winning the Formula One Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships for the fourth consecutive year, Red Bull Racing ran one of their cars at one of the most recognised locations on earth, the helipad of Burj Al Arab hotel.
Perched 210 metres above the sea, on a helipad 24 metres wide, Red Bull`s 750bhp machine became the first to run on the Burj Al Arab helipad.
The car, driven by former F1 driver David Coulthard, was involved in a spectacular show of burning rubber and tyre smoke, against a stunning backdrop of the Arabian Gulf, overlooking scenic views of Dubai’s impressive skyline.
Seconds after completing donuts in the car, Coulthard stepped out of the cockpit and said: "That was a lot of fun. When Red Bull first suggested the idea to me I said `why not`. I like getting involved with anything that pushes the boundaries and it`s what Red Bull stand for. I think this will produce fantastic, iconic shots in an amazing town and I’m really privileged to be part of it."
Red Bull swept the driver and team titles in India Sunday when Sebastian Vettel became the youngest four-time world champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand