Red Bull celebrate success with donuts at helipad
Dubai: To celebrate winning the Formula One Drivers’ and Constructors’ Championships for the fourth consecutive year, Red Bull Racing ran one of their cars at one of the most recognised locations on earth, the helipad of Burj Al Arab hotel.
Perched 210 metres above the sea, on a helipad 24 metres wide, Red Bull`s 750bhp machine became the first to run on the Burj Al Arab helipad.
The car, driven by former F1 driver David Coulthard, was involved in a spectacular show of burning rubber and tyre smoke, against a stunning backdrop of the Arabian Gulf, overlooking scenic views of Dubai’s impressive skyline.
Seconds after completing donuts in the car, Coulthard stepped out of the cockpit and said: "That was a lot of fun. When Red Bull first suggested the idea to me I said `why not`. I like getting involved with anything that pushes the boundaries and it`s what Red Bull stand for. I think this will produce fantastic, iconic shots in an amazing town and I’m really privileged to be part of it."
Red Bull swept the driver and team titles in India Sunday when Sebastian Vettel became the youngest four-time world champion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof