Red Bull chief Horner heaps praises on ‘phenomenal’ Vettel
Sydney: Red Bull team chief Christian Horner has heaped praise on defending world champion Sebastian Vettel in the wake of his superb performance in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
As his rivals pointed to the luck that helped him race from starting in the pit lane to a remarkable podium finish that enabled him to keep hold of a 10-points lead in this year`s title race, Horner described his 25-year-old driver`s effort as "phenomenal".
“I think it was one of the best [races] of his career. I think he really went for it and to go from the pitlane to the podium, it was phenomenal,” News.com.au quoted Horner, as saying.
"Leaving the track on Saturday, when we were faced with starting from the pitlane, because we knew we wanted to change some things, then I really thought if we could sneak into the top 10 and score a point... That would be a great result,” he added.
Horner said that the German’s effort to finish third in Sunday`s race proved he could get the results, which he sets his sights on.
“It is not that easy to overtake around here so maybe we could get an eighth or a ninth... that was the most we hoped for,” he said.
"But I went to see Seb before the race and he said, ``I will see you on the podium``. He was absolutely convinced going into the race that he could get great result. He is just amazing!” Horner added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day