Red Bull chief Horner heaps praises on ‘phenomenal’ Vettel
Sydney: Red Bull team chief Christian Horner has heaped praise on defending world champion Sebastian Vettel in the wake of his superb performance in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
As his rivals pointed to the luck that helped him race from starting in the pit lane to a remarkable podium finish that enabled him to keep hold of a 10-points lead in this year`s title race, Horner described his 25-year-old driver`s effort as "phenomenal".
“I think it was one of the best [races] of his career. I think he really went for it and to go from the pitlane to the podium, it was phenomenal,” News.com.au quoted Horner, as saying.
"Leaving the track on Saturday, when we were faced with starting from the pitlane, because we knew we wanted to change some things, then I really thought if we could sneak into the top 10 and score a point... That would be a great result,” he added.
Horner said that the German’s effort to finish third in Sunday`s race proved he could get the results, which he sets his sights on.
“It is not that easy to overtake around here so maybe we could get an eighth or a ninth... that was the most we hoped for,” he said.
"But I went to see Seb before the race and he said, ``I will see you on the podium``. He was absolutely convinced going into the race that he could get great result. He is just amazing!” Horner added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj