Red Bull chief Horner rubbishes rumours regarding Vettel joining Ferrari in 2014
London: Red Bull Racing principle Christian Horner has dismissed claims that Sebastian Vettel would be joining Ferrari in 2014.
Horner, who was responding to renewed speculation that the double world champion has an agreement in place with Ferrari beginning the season after next, said that he has “not a shadow of a doubt” that Vettel will be driving for the Milton Keynes-based team.
“Sebastian Vettel, without a shadow of doubt, will be part of the Red Bull Racing team in 2014,” The Telegraph quoted Horner, as saying.
According to the paper, Horner said that he had spoken to Vettel and received assurances from the German that there was nothing in the stories.
He said Vettel “has made it quite clear he hasn’t had any dialogue and hasn’t signed anything with Ferrari, but the rumour mill will always continue,” the paper said.
When asked if the speculation was frustrating, he denied as most of his team members have been visiting Ferrari.
“Not really because most of our team has been going to Ferrari at some point, be it Adrian [Newey, chief technical officer], Mark Webber, Sebastian, even myself, I’m supposed to be going there,” he declared.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Story of courage! Chennai man risks life to save a woman from being raped
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week