Red Bull F1 reserve Felix da Costa to race in Formula E
Leicestershire, UK: Amlin Aguri have announced that Red Bull Racing Formula 1 reserve driver, Antonio Felix da Costa, will join the team for the inaugural all-electric FIA Formula E Championship beginning in September.
Felix da Costa will participate in Thursday`s first public test for the squad before linking up on Friday with the Red Bull Racing Formula 1 Team where he will continue as the teams reserve driver at the British Grand Prix this weekend.
The 22-year-old from Portugal is no stranger to the Spark-Renault SRT_01E Formula E car having driven for the outfit during a shakedown held in early June at the Donington Park Racing Circuit.
Felix da Costa said: I am delighted to compete in the Formula E inaugural season. I am thrilled by what I believe is the championship of the future. With Formula E we see history being made and I m excited to be right at the heart of this new project. I have no doubt we`ll see this championship drive real innovation and advances in technology."
His breakout season came in 2012 when he won the prestigious Macau Formula 3 Grand Prix from pole position. He also finished fourth overall in World Series by Renault after winning four races out of the six he entered in the nine round series.
He now becomes the second driver to join Amlin Aguri, following the arrival of Katherine Legge, in the series which starts in Beijing on September 13 and races around the iconic Birds Nest Olympic stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand