Red Bull hungry for points in every race, says Webber
Greater Noida: They have a healthy 77-point lead over Ferrari with just four races left in the season but Red Bull driver Mark Webber says they are not taking the constructors` title for granted and "hunger" for success is still there in them.
"Hunger is still there as every race is a new challenge for us. We would like to win every race to end the season on a high," Webber told PTI in an interview here.
"Yes, we have a good lead at the constructor`s table to the day. Everyone associated with the team has put in a massive effort to take us where we are right now. There would be nothing more satisfying than to win the teams` championship three years in a row.
"It`s a very special achievement for Red Bull. The next two events are very important that we keep our foot on their throats and see how the next few go. We are not looking at the points really. We need to reap in the maximum from the races ahead," Weber said.
The early part of the season witnessed some strong finishes among Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari but in the last five races, Red Bull has zoomed past its nearest rivals as Sebastian Vettel recorded three straight victories in Singapore, Japan and Korea.
Asked about the turnaround, the 36-year-old Australian replied, "We have a good understanding of the cars now and we have done a lot of research and developments in the last two three months."
"This has been not easy for us. We were on such a high-level previous year and in the first part of the championship this year we were just hanging there in terms of results.
"I won some GPs early on in the year. Vettel had the car also and was quite happy with it and later on, he started winning the races quite well. In terms of developing the car, we are very strong in that area," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?