Red Bull tests for Da Costa, Frijns
New Delhi: Formula 1 team Red Bull confirmed their line-up for the young driver test at Abu Dhabi`s Yas Marina circuit from Nov 6-8.
Portugal`s Antonio Felix da Costa and Dutchman Robin Frijns are the two drivers who will participate in the test, according to the official Formula 1 website.
Da Costa, 21, is a Red Bull junior team member and finished third in this year`s GP3 series. He also competed in six of the nine rounds of the Formula Renault 3.5 championship taking four wins and finishing fourth overall. He tested with Force India back in 2010 and recently drove a Red Bull RB7 at a show car event in Seoul.
Frijns, meanwhile, was recently crowned the Formula Renault 3.5 series champion, earning him a day in the RB8 in Abu Dhabi thanks to Red Bull`s partnership with the World Series by Renault.
Da Costa will be in the Red Bull for the first two days of the Yas Marina session, before handing over to Frijns, who will also be driving for Sauber on the test`s opening day.
The other teams expected to be present are McLaren, Lotus, Toro Rosso and Caterham. The remainder of the grid carried out their young driver sessions earlier in the year at Magny-Cours in France and Silverstone in Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares wide view of Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming from space!
- 1st Test, Day 3: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- Bail plea of Amanatullah Khan, accused of threatening woman with rape and murder, to be heard today
- Bhagwant Mann FB video row: Deadline for AAP MP to depose before parliamentary panel ends today
- Donald Trump was 'being sarcastic' over Russia hacking comments