Red Bull tests for Da Costa, Frijns
New Delhi: Formula 1 team Red Bull confirmed their line-up for the young driver test at Abu Dhabi`s Yas Marina circuit from Nov 6-8.
Portugal`s Antonio Felix da Costa and Dutchman Robin Frijns are the two drivers who will participate in the test, according to the official Formula 1 website.
Da Costa, 21, is a Red Bull junior team member and finished third in this year`s GP3 series. He also competed in six of the nine rounds of the Formula Renault 3.5 championship taking four wins and finishing fourth overall. He tested with Force India back in 2010 and recently drove a Red Bull RB7 at a show car event in Seoul.
Frijns, meanwhile, was recently crowned the Formula Renault 3.5 series champion, earning him a day in the RB8 in Abu Dhabi thanks to Red Bull`s partnership with the World Series by Renault.
Da Costa will be in the Red Bull for the first two days of the Yas Marina session, before handing over to Frijns, who will also be driving for Sauber on the test`s opening day.
The other teams expected to be present are McLaren, Lotus, Toro Rosso and Caterham. The remainder of the grid carried out their young driver sessions earlier in the year at Magny-Cours in France and Silverstone in Britain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!