Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins Belgian Grand Prix
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Red Bull driver Sebastian Vettel won the Belgian Grand Prix on Sunday. It’s the German’s fifth victory of the season.
But the most impressive driver at today`s Belgian GP was undoubtedly the Spaniard, Fernando Alonso.
Alonso started of ninth on the grid but scything past the field to finish at the podium and that too behind the race winner.
Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes, who started the race from pole finished third on the podium.
Nico Rosberg came home fourth ahead of Mark Webber, while Jenson Button finished as he started in sixth.
The sole Indian team in F1, Sahara Force India’s driver Adrain Sutil finished the race at ninth position to add two points to the Constructors’ Championship.
With this win Sebastian Vettel stretched his overall lead to 46 points in the Drivers’ Championship with eight races remaining.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days