Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam (South Korea): Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing has won the 2012 Korean Grand Prix moving ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the Formula One championship standings by six points on Sunday.
Vettel started second on the grid behind Mark Webber but overtook his team-mate on the first turn and never relinquished the lead, finishing 8.2 seconds ahead of Webber. Alonso was third 13.9 seconds off the pace.
Vettel, who also won the previous races in Singapore and Japan, is moving within sight of a third straight title — something only previously achieved by Juan-Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa was fourth followed by Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen and Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg. McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton finished a disappointing 10th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued