Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam (South Korea): Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing has won the 2012 Korean Grand Prix moving ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the Formula One championship standings by six points on Sunday.
Vettel started second on the grid behind Mark Webber but overtook his team-mate on the first turn and never relinquished the lead, finishing 8.2 seconds ahead of Webber. Alonso was third 13.9 seconds off the pace.
Vettel, who also won the previous races in Singapore and Japan, is moving within sight of a third straight title — something only previously achieved by Juan-Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa was fourth followed by Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen and Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg. McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton finished a disappointing 10th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap