Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam (South Korea): Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing has won the 2012 Korean Grand Prix moving ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the Formula One championship standings by six points on Sunday.
Vettel started second on the grid behind Mark Webber but overtook his team-mate on the first turn and never relinquished the lead, finishing 8.2 seconds ahead of Webber. Alonso was third 13.9 seconds off the pace.
Vettel, who also won the previous races in Singapore and Japan, is moving within sight of a third straight title — something only previously achieved by Juan-Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa was fourth followed by Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen and Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg. McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton finished a disappointing 10th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam