Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam (South Korea): Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing has won the 2012 Korean Grand Prix moving ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the Formula One championship standings by six points on Sunday.
Vettel started second on the grid behind Mark Webber but overtook his team-mate on the first turn and never relinquished the lead, finishing 8.2 seconds ahead of Webber. Alonso was third 13.9 seconds off the pace.
Vettel, who also won the previous races in Singapore and Japan, is moving within sight of a third straight title — something only previously achieved by Juan-Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa was fourth followed by Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen and Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg. McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton finished a disappointing 10th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters