Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel wins Korean Grand Prix
Yeongam (South Korea): Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull Racing has won the 2012 Korean Grand Prix moving ahead of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso in the Formula One championship standings by six points on Sunday.
Vettel started second on the grid behind Mark Webber but overtook his team-mate on the first turn and never relinquished the lead, finishing 8.2 seconds ahead of Webber. Alonso was third 13.9 seconds off the pace.
Vettel, who also won the previous races in Singapore and Japan, is moving within sight of a third straight title — something only previously achieved by Juan-Manuel Fangio and Michael Schumacher.
Ferrari`s Felipe Massa was fourth followed by Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen and Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg. McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton finished a disappointing 10th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender