Ricciardo led Massa in damp Chinese GP final practice
Zee Media Bureau
Shanghai: Australian Daniel Ricciardo produced the fastest lap time in the third and final free practice session ahead of qualifying for the 2014 Chinese Grand Prix Saturday. The Red Bull Racing driver clocked 1 minute 53.958 seconds.
The former Toro Rosso driver, who replaced compatriot Mark Webber at the start of the season as the second RBR driver, was 0.534 second faster than a hugely impressive Felipe Massa. The veteran Williams driver pipped Romain Grosjean.
Both Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, who stole the show in Friday practice sessions failed to set their respective flying laps as Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Ferrari`s Kimi Raikkonen completed the top five fastest drivers` list in the final practice session.
In a wet session at the Shanghai International Circuit, Hamilton`s Mercedes team-mate, Nico Rosberg and McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen also failed to record timings. However, for Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton, Pastor Maldonado and Kamui Kobayashi, the session provided enough track surveillance opportunities by completing over 10 laps each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review