Ricciardo led Massa in damp Chinese GP final practice
Zee Media Bureau
Shanghai: Australian Daniel Ricciardo produced the fastest lap time in the third and final free practice session ahead of qualifying for the 2014 Chinese Grand Prix Saturday. The Red Bull Racing driver clocked 1 minute 53.958 seconds.
The former Toro Rosso driver, who replaced compatriot Mark Webber at the start of the season as the second RBR driver, was 0.534 second faster than a hugely impressive Felipe Massa. The veteran Williams driver pipped Romain Grosjean.
Both Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, who stole the show in Friday practice sessions failed to set their respective flying laps as Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Ferrari`s Kimi Raikkonen completed the top five fastest drivers` list in the final practice session.
In a wet session at the Shanghai International Circuit, Hamilton`s Mercedes team-mate, Nico Rosberg and McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen also failed to record timings. However, for Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton, Pastor Maldonado and Kamui Kobayashi, the session provided enough track surveillance opportunities by completing over 10 laps each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details