Ricciardo led Massa in damp Chinese GP final practice
Zee Media Bureau
Shanghai: Australian Daniel Ricciardo produced the fastest lap time in the third and final free practice session ahead of qualifying for the 2014 Chinese Grand Prix Saturday. The Red Bull Racing driver clocked 1 minute 53.958 seconds.
The former Toro Rosso driver, who replaced compatriot Mark Webber at the start of the season as the second RBR driver, was 0.534 second faster than a hugely impressive Felipe Massa. The veteran Williams driver pipped Romain Grosjean.
Both Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, who stole the show in Friday practice sessions failed to set their respective flying laps as Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Ferrari`s Kimi Raikkonen completed the top five fastest drivers` list in the final practice session.
In a wet session at the Shanghai International Circuit, Hamilton`s Mercedes team-mate, Nico Rosberg and McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen also failed to record timings. However, for Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton, Pastor Maldonado and Kamui Kobayashi, the session provided enough track surveillance opportunities by completing over 10 laps each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot