Ricciardo led Massa in damp Chinese GP final practice
Zee Media Bureau
Shanghai: Australian Daniel Ricciardo produced the fastest lap time in the third and final free practice session ahead of qualifying for the 2014 Chinese Grand Prix Saturday. The Red Bull Racing driver clocked 1 minute 53.958 seconds.
The former Toro Rosso driver, who replaced compatriot Mark Webber at the start of the season as the second RBR driver, was 0.534 second faster than a hugely impressive Felipe Massa. The veteran Williams driver pipped Romain Grosjean.
Both Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso, who stole the show in Friday practice sessions failed to set their respective flying laps as Force India`s Nico Hulkenberg and Ferrari`s Kimi Raikkonen completed the top five fastest drivers` list in the final practice session.
In a wet session at the Shanghai International Circuit, Hamilton`s Mercedes team-mate, Nico Rosberg and McLaren driver Kevin Magnussen also failed to record timings. However, for Jules Bianchi, Max Chilton, Pastor Maldonado and Kamui Kobayashi, the session provided enough track surveillance opportunities by completing over 10 laps each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened