Ricciardo says it feels weird to win maiden F1 race at Canadian GP
London: Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo has said that it felt `weird` on winning the Canadian Grand Prix, which was his maiden Formula One win.
Ricciardo, who passed Mercedes` Nico Rosberg for the lead with two laps to go, said that he pictures himself as a kid standing up on top of the podium and when one is up there it feels a bit weird.
According to the BBC, Ricciardo said that the victory sounds really awesome, still it seems a bit surreal, just because it happened so quickly.
The Australian, who joined Red Bull after two years with feeder team Toro Rosso, was reportedly at the third place with seven laps to go, before he passed Force India`s Sergio Perez and then the crippled Mercedes of Rosberg to take the win.
Ricciardo also said that it was not that Red Bull were leading the whole race, so it is not that he had time to understand that he was going to win.
He added that it all happened in the last few laps, so he feels that is the reason it is still taking a while to comprehend in his head.
However, Ricciardo further added that it is really nice and the race came to life at the end, as Mercedes had their issues and it enabled Red Bull to close on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred