Ricciardo says it feels weird to win maiden F1 race at Canadian GP
London: Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo has said that it felt `weird` on winning the Canadian Grand Prix, which was his maiden Formula One win.
Ricciardo, who passed Mercedes` Nico Rosberg for the lead with two laps to go, said that he pictures himself as a kid standing up on top of the podium and when one is up there it feels a bit weird.
According to the BBC, Ricciardo said that the victory sounds really awesome, still it seems a bit surreal, just because it happened so quickly.
The Australian, who joined Red Bull after two years with feeder team Toro Rosso, was reportedly at the third place with seven laps to go, before he passed Force India`s Sergio Perez and then the crippled Mercedes of Rosberg to take the win.
Ricciardo also said that it was not that Red Bull were leading the whole race, so it is not that he had time to understand that he was going to win.
He added that it all happened in the last few laps, so he feels that is the reason it is still taking a while to comprehend in his head.
However, Ricciardo further added that it is really nice and the race came to life at the end, as Mercedes had their issues and it enabled Red Bull to close on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Britain pressured for quick EU split as Brexit impact begins
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?