Rosberg confident Schumacher will get boot if Hamilton takes up Mercedes offer
London: Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg is confident he won’t get the boot if McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton would join his team, and thinks the Brit could once again force Michael Schumacher into retirement.
McLaren’s chances of hanging on to Hamilton are no better than 50-50 after he was stunned by their new deal, which equates to just two thirds of his current 15 million pounds-a-year package, according to reports.
Rosberg is adamant Schumacher will make way if Hamilton takes up Mercedes`` offer.
The Mercedes driver also dismissed speculation he could move to McLaren, or even replaces Felipe Massa at Ferrari.
"I’m with the Silver Arrows and looking forward to getting more wins next season. Not much will happen until Schumacher, Hamilton or Massa can say ``I’m definitely here``," the Daily Mail quoted Rosberg, as saying.
"It would be right if he (Schumacher) stays. We get along and competition between us is good," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi