Rosberg likely to retain Monaco GP winner title despite F1 teams `protest against Mercedes` tyre test
London: Mercedes racer Nico Rosberg is unlikely to be stripped off his Monaco Grand Prix victory, despite a protest over a Pirelli tyre test conducted by the team ahead of the race.
The FIA will meet before the British Grand Prix at the end of June to discuss the issue of whether the tyre test will help the Mercedes team in the next round in Canada.
McLaren racer Jenson Button said that he believes the secret tyre test carried out by Mercedes team in Spain did not prove to be of any help to Rosberg`s form in Monaco, adding that if the result happens to change, it should change for Canada and not Monaco as the tests were meant for the Canada round and not for Monaco.
Button also said that the other Formula One teams had demanded a clarification for the secret test as all the cars need a 600-mile test.
However, Button added that Mercedes would have won the Monaco race even without the tyre test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal