Rosberg likely to retain Monaco GP winner title despite F1 teams `protest against Mercedes` tyre test
London: Mercedes racer Nico Rosberg is unlikely to be stripped off his Monaco Grand Prix victory, despite a protest over a Pirelli tyre test conducted by the team ahead of the race.
The FIA will meet before the British Grand Prix at the end of June to discuss the issue of whether the tyre test will help the Mercedes team in the next round in Canada.
McLaren racer Jenson Button said that he believes the secret tyre test carried out by Mercedes team in Spain did not prove to be of any help to Rosberg`s form in Monaco, adding that if the result happens to change, it should change for Canada and not Monaco as the tests were meant for the Canada round and not for Monaco.
Button also said that the other Formula One teams had demanded a clarification for the secret test as all the cars need a 600-mile test.
However, Button added that Mercedes would have won the Monaco race even without the tyre test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price