Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP
Manama (Bahrain): Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg, who won the Chinese Grand Prix, set the pace in the second practice at the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) amidst security concerns that prompted Force India to pull out of the second session here Friday.
Rosberg was about five seconds faster than the second placed Mark Webber in the Red Bull while defending champion Sebastian Vettel finished third in the other Red Bull.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton, fastest in the first session, finished fourth while seven time world champion Michael Schumacher in the other Mercedes was fifth fastest.
Ferarri`s Fernando Alonso, who is in third position for the driver standings, was eighth fastest, while his Brazilian team mate Felipe Massa continued his bad form with a 12th place finish.
Sahara Force India drivers Paul di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg finished third and sixth in the first practice session while they decided to give the second one a miss following Wednesday`s incident.
Hamilton, who is the current world championship leader, topped the time sheets in the opening free practice session, beating Vettel. Ferrari had another bad day in the office in the first sesison as Alonso and Massa finished 13th and 15th.
Pedro de la Rosa was HRT`s faster runner with Indian teammate Narain Karthikeyan finishing last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway