Rosberg takes pole ahead of Hamilton
Montreal: Nico Rosberg took pole position for Sunday`s Canadian Grand Prix with a commanding demonstration of speed as he outpaced his Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in a thrilling conclusion to Saturday`s qualifying session.
Two weeks after his controversial pole at the Monaco Grand Prix, Rosberg drove with flawless control to edge beyond his team-mate and nearest title rival by just 0.079 seconds.
The 28-year-old German secured his second successive pole, his third this year and the seventh of his career with a best lap time of one minute and 14.874 seconds to shatter the impression that the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve would see Hamilton regain supremacy over this team-mate.
It was the fourth one-two on the grid for Mercedes this year. It was Rosberg`s first pole in Montreal and came on a circuit where Hamilton had previously won three.
Germany`s defending four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel bounced back from an inconsistent weekend to grab third place in his Red Bull car ahead of Finn Valtteri Bottas and his Williams team-mate Felipe Massa of Brazil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America