Ross Brawn steps down as Mercedes F1 team principal
London: Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn is set to leave the team at the end of the year following changes to the management structure.
According to the BBC, Brawn revealed that the most important consideration in his decision to step down was to ensure the timing was right for the team in order to ensure its future success.
Executive directors Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe will lead the team, whose drivers are 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton and German Nico Rosberg, the report said.
The Englishman said organisational changes meant the team was uniquely positioned to succeed in 2014 and that he was proud to have helped lay the foundations for that success.
Mercedes had asked Brawn to stay on but he made it clear last month that he would only do so if he remained in sole charge of the team, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know