Ross Brawn steps down as Mercedes F1 team principal
London: Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn is set to leave the team at the end of the year following changes to the management structure.
According to the BBC, Brawn revealed that the most important consideration in his decision to step down was to ensure the timing was right for the team in order to ensure its future success.
Executive directors Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe will lead the team, whose drivers are 2008 world champion Lewis Hamilton and German Nico Rosberg, the report said.
The Englishman said organisational changes meant the team was uniquely positioned to succeed in 2014 and that he was proud to have helped lay the foundations for that success.
Mercedes had asked Brawn to stay on but he made it clear last month that he would only do so if he remained in sole charge of the team, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH