Round 3 of JK Tyre National Racing championship on Aug 28
Coimbatore: The battle for supremacy for India`s most prestigious motorsport title will gain momentum when the third round of the 13th JK Tyre FMSCI National Racing Championship begins here on August 28.
Participants will fight it out for over two days at Kari Motor Speedway on the outskirts of the city with three races - one each in Formula Rolon, Formula Swift and Super Saloons being held on the first day and the remaining five, including two in the Polo class the next day.
Racers at the Volkswagen Polo Cup put on a strong display in the earlier two rounds. The re-launched Formula Rolon category, which was held for a single race due to technical glitches, is now all set to rule the grid in Round 3.
The most striking aspect of this year was that outstation drivers have taken pole position from Chennai drivers who were ruling the roost until last year.
The Polo Cup has also thrown open the field among the top three drivers with Delhi`s Karthik Shankar is sitting on top with 94 points and Vishnu Prasad on second with 87 points. Sailesh Bolisetti of Vizag, who had won the first two of the four races so far is in third spot with 77 points.
In the Formula Swift category, races would again witness keen tussle between the leading drivers, with Bangalore`s Ajay Kini making the podium on all three races earlier with a win in the last race for a tally of 32 points.
Mumbai`s Ameya Walavalkar of TVS Girling is second with 25 points, while Kini`s teammate from Wallace Sports, Goutham Parekh (Chennai) is on 24 points. Among 20 drivers representing five teams include Mars Racing, Aerodyne Race Krafts and Meco Racing.
With the issues in Formula Rolon LGB vehicles having been sorted out, Sarosh Hataria, a Chennai based driver, is leading the fray, the lone experienced driver among 14 competitors and is followed by Vikas Anand (8 points) of VARAD Racing and Mohites Racing driver Chittesh Mandody with six points.
Super Saloons would witness tougher competition for all positions. B Vijay Kumar (Prime Racing), also a constructor of Formula Cars, is an old hand, competing in Saloon cars from the late 70s, who will try and use the home track advantage to improve on his third spot (24 points) ahead of second placed G Siddarth Kishore of Performance Racing, who has 25 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India