Sahara Force India could soon name new driver
Barcelona: Sahara Force India could soon name their new driver to partner Paul di Resta, according to the Formula One outfit`s deputy team principal, Bob Fernley.
Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil have got their chances at the pre-season winter testing in Barcelona this week, with reserve driver Jules Bianchi set to get his chance on the final day tomorrow.
Sutil was a member of the Indian team for five years until 2011.
"It would be good. We`re giving everyone the amount of mileage they need. We`ll try and get all the information we`ve been collecting to the shareholders this weekend and then it`s their decision," Fernley said.
"We want to make sure it`s an even playing field for everybody and, more importantly, they (Sutil and Bianchi) have the opportunity to get used to the car," he added.
Di Resta wants a driver who could help the team move forward.
"It`s all up to the board members, the key people in the team. They make the decision as to who they want to partner me.
"I`m very supportive of whoever it might be as long as they`re pushing me on and they`re a team player... That`s the important part."
A minor issue in his car prevented di Resta from doing the desired number of laps but the driver said they have collected good information about the tyres on the second day of the testing.
The Scot had 62 laps in his VJM-06-03 and his fastest lap came in 1:23.917s.
Di Resta was eighth fastest among the 11 drivers, who tested their cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees