Sahara Force India could soon name new driver
Barcelona: Sahara Force India could soon name their new driver to partner Paul di Resta, according to the Formula One outfit`s deputy team principal, Bob Fernley.
Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil have got their chances at the pre-season winter testing in Barcelona this week, with reserve driver Jules Bianchi set to get his chance on the final day tomorrow.
Sutil was a member of the Indian team for five years until 2011.
"It would be good. We`re giving everyone the amount of mileage they need. We`ll try and get all the information we`ve been collecting to the shareholders this weekend and then it`s their decision," Fernley said.
"We want to make sure it`s an even playing field for everybody and, more importantly, they (Sutil and Bianchi) have the opportunity to get used to the car," he added.
Di Resta wants a driver who could help the team move forward.
"It`s all up to the board members, the key people in the team. They make the decision as to who they want to partner me.
"I`m very supportive of whoever it might be as long as they`re pushing me on and they`re a team player... That`s the important part."
A minor issue in his car prevented di Resta from doing the desired number of laps but the driver said they have collected good information about the tyres on the second day of the testing.
The Scot had 62 laps in his VJM-06-03 and his fastest lap came in 1:23.917s.
Di Resta was eighth fastest among the 11 drivers, who tested their cars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31