Schumacher in `stable` condition, says spokeswoman
Grenoble: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher remains in a stable condition after his December 29 skiing accident, his spokeswoman said today, after a wave of speculative reports that he may never recover.
"Michael`s condition is still considered as stable," Sabine Kehm said of Schumacher, who has been in a medically-induced coma since his life-threatening off-piste fall in the French Alps.
"Unfortunately I have to repeat that any information regarding Michael`s health not coming from the doctors treating him or from his management must be treated as pure speculation," she said.
"I also repeat that Michael`s family is very happy and confident with the work of the team of doctors treating Michael, and they trust them completely."
Investigators probing the crash have ruled out faulty skis, inadequate signage and excessive speed as reasons for the accident, in which he slammed his head against a rock.
Schumacher appears to have skied on a partially covered rock, lost his balance and fallen on another rock further down, according to the prosecutor in charge of the probe.
The impact was so strong it split his helmet in two.
The accident in the posh French resort of Meribel has shocked Schumacher`s legions of fans and devastated his wife Corinna and two teenage children.
Schumacher dominated Formula One before retiring in 2012, winning more titles than any other driver and enjoying 91 Grand Prix victories between 1994 and 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof