Schumacher rejects Lotus offer to replace `injured` Raikkonen
London: Former Formula One star Michael Schumacher has reportedly turned down an offer from British F1 side Lotus to come out of retirement and drive in the final two races of the season.
The seven-time world champion declined the invitation to replace the injured Kimi Raikkonen, whose place will now be filled by fellow Finn Heikki Kovalainen.
According to the BBC, Schumacher`s manager confirmed the offer, saying that she can understand it as Schumacher is still very fit for his age, although she added that he has happily settled in his new life.
The report mentioned that a back injury means Raikkonen will miss the race in Austin on Sunday followed by the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix a week later, following which he will drive for Ferrari, one of Schumacher`s former teams, next season.
Schumacher retired in 2006 after a decade with Ferrari, but made a comeback with Mercedes in 2010 and the German retired again at the end of last season, making way for Lewis Hamilton, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks