Schumacher rejects Lotus offer to replace `injured` Raikkonen
London: Former Formula One star Michael Schumacher has reportedly turned down an offer from British F1 side Lotus to come out of retirement and drive in the final two races of the season.
The seven-time world champion declined the invitation to replace the injured Kimi Raikkonen, whose place will now be filled by fellow Finn Heikki Kovalainen.
According to the BBC, Schumacher`s manager confirmed the offer, saying that she can understand it as Schumacher is still very fit for his age, although she added that he has happily settled in his new life.
The report mentioned that a back injury means Raikkonen will miss the race in Austin on Sunday followed by the season-ending Brazilian Grand Prix a week later, following which he will drive for Ferrari, one of Schumacher`s former teams, next season.
Schumacher retired in 2006 after a decade with Ferrari, but made a comeback with Mercedes in 2010 and the German retired again at the end of last season, making way for Lewis Hamilton, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea