Schumacher`s family still hopeful of his recovery
Paris: The family of Formula One legend Michael Schumacher still believed in the racer`s recovery, lashing out reports on an eventual deterioration of his health condition, media reported Thursday.
"The family gives its full confidence in the team of doctors and nurses. The most important is not the speed of the process, but that to be done with a continuous and controlled way," Schumacher`s manager Sabine Kehm was quoted as saying by broadcaster Europe1, Xinhua reported.
According to the German weekly Bild, the former Formula One champion suffered from pneumonia in recent days, while it was still in recovery phase, adding that the pneumonia`s effects on Schumacher`s fragile health "are not clear".
Last month, doctors at Grenoble hospital have started the process of gradually waking Schumacher by lowering the dosage of the drugs that have kept the retired seven-time Formula One champion in a coma since he suffered a severe head injury in a skiing accident Dec 29 at Meribel ski resort in the French Alps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management