Schumacher`s Ferrari suit expected to fetch 15,000 pounds at auction
London: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher`s red Ferrari race suit is reportedly expected to fetch more than 15,000 pounds at an auction.
The seven-time Formula One champion`s iconic red and white Ferrari zip-up, which he donned at the 2006 British Grand Prix, has Schumacher`s name embroidered on the belt alongside a host of sponsors.
2006 marked Schumacher`s final year at Ferrari before he retired. He then returned to Mercedes in 2010 before retiring for good following his 2012 campaign, The Daily Star reported.
The suit measures 19 inches across the chest with a 23-inch inseam and has zips up the front with a concealed zipper.
The auction would also include a race suit worn by two-time champion Fernando Alonso at the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix, the report said.
Alonso`s brightly coloured suit features his name embroidered on the belt along with a Federation Internationale de l`Automobile accreditation on the collar and has a starting price of 9,000 pounds, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'