Schumacher`s Ferrari suit expected to fetch 15,000 pounds at auction
London: Formula One legend Michael Schumacher`s red Ferrari race suit is reportedly expected to fetch more than 15,000 pounds at an auction.
The seven-time Formula One champion`s iconic red and white Ferrari zip-up, which he donned at the 2006 British Grand Prix, has Schumacher`s name embroidered on the belt alongside a host of sponsors.
2006 marked Schumacher`s final year at Ferrari before he retired. He then returned to Mercedes in 2010 before retiring for good following his 2012 campaign, The Daily Star reported.
The suit measures 19 inches across the chest with a 23-inch inseam and has zips up the front with a concealed zipper.
The auction would also include a race suit worn by two-time champion Fernando Alonso at the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix, the report said.
Alonso`s brightly coloured suit features his name embroidered on the belt along with a Federation Internationale de l`Automobile accreditation on the collar and has a starting price of 9,000 pounds, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'