Schumacher`s last F1 season shaping up to be worst
Barcelona: The last season of Michael Schumacher`s return was shaping up to be the seven-time Formula One champion`s worst after the Mercedes driver crashed out of the Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday.
The German driver ran into the back of the Williams of Bruno Senna to leave both drivers out of the race after 13 of the scheduled 66 laps at the Catalunya Circuit.
Schumacher, who had started seventh, failed to finish for the third time in five races. He has twice finished 10th, for a season total of two points.
The 43-year-old Schumacher didn`t finish three of his first five races during the 2005 season with Ferrari, but also managed a second- and a seventh-place finish.
"I just took a minute to watch the video and on the overhead you can see he moves right to defend his position in the braking phase but then moves back left into me. I am very annoyed about that," Schumacher said. "We may not have been race winners, but we would have got good points."
Teammate Nico Rosberg, who won the Chinese GP, remained in the race after starting sixth.
While Senna tried to carry on, Schumacher slid into the gravel before throwing his steering wheel out of the car in frustration.
Schumacher hasn`t won a race since the 2006 Chinese GP, with his last top-three finish also coming in Shanghai. His best finish for Mercedes has been fourth. Senna called the bust-up a racing incident after eventually abandoning due to damage to his rear wing and a puncture.
"I was not expecting him to hit me, I thought he was going to dive for the inside. He probably misjudged me a little bit," Senna said. "He came with good speed on the straight and I had to brake. When I saw he was moving I thought he would dive on the inside so I moved a little bit to the left and then he just hit me." (AP)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head