‘Schumacher should have been punished for blocking Hamilton at Italian GP’
London: Seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher got away with blocking McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton during Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix — because the stewards were not watching.
According to reports, Schumacher had swerved in front of Hamilton as they battled for third at Monza.
Now, Derek Daly, the driver representative on the stewards’ panel in Monza, says that Schumacher should have been given a drive-through penalty.
“It was a blatant double block. But on lap 20, race director Charlie Whiting asked stewards to look at an incident between Felipe Massa and Jarno Trulli. While looking at the slo-mo video of this, I missed the Schumacher-Hamilton incident,” Daly said.
“When I looked at it again at home, I believe Schumacher should have been given a drive-through penalty,” he added.
Hamilton eventually overtook Schumacher on lap 27 to finish fourth, while Schuamcher finished fifth in his Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report