‘Schumacher should have been punished for blocking Hamilton at Italian GP’
London: Seven-time Formula One champion Michael Schumacher got away with blocking McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton during Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix — because the stewards were not watching.
According to reports, Schumacher had swerved in front of Hamilton as they battled for third at Monza.
Now, Derek Daly, the driver representative on the stewards’ panel in Monza, says that Schumacher should have been given a drive-through penalty.
“It was a blatant double block. But on lap 20, race director Charlie Whiting asked stewards to look at an incident between Felipe Massa and Jarno Trulli. While looking at the slo-mo video of this, I missed the Schumacher-Hamilton incident,” Daly said.
“When I looked at it again at home, I believe Schumacher should have been given a drive-through penalty,” he added.
Hamilton eventually overtook Schumacher on lap 27 to finish fourth, while Schuamcher finished fifth in his Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?