Schumacher was awake during hospital transfer: Report
Geneva: Formula One champion Michael Schumacher was conscious and had his eyes open during his top-secret transfer from a French hospital to a facility in Switzerland, Swiss newspaper Blick reported.
Schumacher was moved on Monday after emerging from a coma following his devastating ski accident in December.
The paper said he had his eyes open for most of the journey by private ambulance, which was conducted like a secret service operation.
Schumacher did not speak, but he communicated by nodding his head during the 200-kilometre (125-mile) journey, the paper said.
The ambulance company was not told the identity of its world-famous passenger in advance, and staff had to give up their mobile phones when they came into contact with him. The paper said Schumacher had lost a lot of weight during his 170 days in hospital in the French city of Grenoble.
It tracked down the Swiss ambulance company, whose head Mathias Volken confirmed its involvement, but refused to give further details. The seven-time world champion`s spokeswoman Sabine Kehm on Monday thanked the doctors in Grenoble" and asked for "understanding that his further rehabilitation will take place away from the public eye".
The hospital where he is now being treated is one of Switzerland`s best and has renowned neurology experts. It is in the city of Lausanne, near where Schumacher`s wife Corinna and two children live.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people