Sebastian Vettel deserves respect not criticism
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel is all set to claim his fourth drivers’ title in a row. The Red Bull driver has yet again proved that he is a force to reckon with. Like past three seasons, this year has been no different to him.
In the 19-race long season, three-time reigning champion Vettel is comfortably sitting at the top of the Drivers’ Championship with 272 points, a lead of 77 points to Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, who is holding the second spot after the Korean GP -- 13th race of the season. The other drivers who are in the race for the Championship are Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus, Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes, and Vettel’s teammate Mark Webber with 167, 161, 130 points respectively.
In the last fourteen GPs of the ongoing season, Vettel has won eight of them. And as the season is progressing, Vettel is coming out even stronger with each passing race. Out of last six GPs, he has won five.
Vettel has certainly changed the fortunes of the Austrian outfit, based at Milton Keynes (UK) with his consistency and led the team to three Constructors’ titles (from 2010 to 2012) in a row along with teammate Webber.
But the sad part is that before the recently concluded Korean GP, Vettel had faced criticism from some part of the crowd in the last three GPs, for making the season boring, by showing such dominance in the sport from last three years. A champion, who has already achieved many records in the age of 26, always deserves a round of applause and respect from all the quarters not criticism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur