Sebastian Vettel deserves respect not criticism
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel is all set to claim his fourth drivers’ title in a row. The Red Bull driver has yet again proved that he is a force to reckon with. Like past three seasons, this year has been no different to him.
In the 19-race long season, three-time reigning champion Vettel is comfortably sitting at the top of the Drivers’ Championship with 272 points, a lead of 77 points to Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso, who is holding the second spot after the Korean GP -- 13th race of the season. The other drivers who are in the race for the Championship are Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus, Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes, and Vettel’s teammate Mark Webber with 167, 161, 130 points respectively.
In the last fourteen GPs of the ongoing season, Vettel has won eight of them. And as the season is progressing, Vettel is coming out even stronger with each passing race. Out of last six GPs, he has won five.
Vettel has certainly changed the fortunes of the Austrian outfit, based at Milton Keynes (UK) with his consistency and led the team to three Constructors’ titles (from 2010 to 2012) in a row along with teammate Webber.
But the sad part is that before the recently concluded Korean GP, Vettel had faced criticism from some part of the crowd in the last three GPs, for making the season boring, by showing such dominance in the sport from last three years. A champion, who has already achieved many records in the age of 26, always deserves a round of applause and respect from all the quarters not criticism.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!