Sebastian Vettel grabs pole at Australian GP
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: Triple world champion Sebastian Vettel started the Formula One 2013 season strongly as he grabbed pole for the Australian GP on Sunday morning.
After heavy rains had forced the Saturday qualifying to be abandoned, the session resumed on Sunday morning, with the race still scheduled for later in the day. With only marginally better conditions, the final two sessions were completed on a still wet circuit.
But as the conditions improved and the track dried up, Red Bull`s two drivers began to show their superiority and Vettel and Webber will line up beside each other at the front of the grid later today as the first Formula One race of the year gets underway.
Force India`s Paul di Resta qualified 9th while Adrian Sutil only managed 12th.
The entire qualifying results and grid line-up for the Australian GP is as follows:
Pos. Driver (Team)
1 Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2 Mark Webber (Red Bull)
3 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4 Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
5 Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
6 Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
7 Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)
8 Romain Grosjean (Lotus)
9 Paul Di Resta (Force India)
10 Jenson Button (McLaren)
11 Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber)
12 Adrian Sutil (Force India)
13 Jean-Eric Vergne (Toro Rosso)
14 Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso)
15 Sergio Perez (McLaren)
16 Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
17 Pastor Maldonado (Williams)
18 Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber)
19 Jules Bianchi (Marussia)
20 Max Chilton (Marussia)
21 Giedo van der Garde (Caterham)
22 Charles Pic (Caterham)
The race is expected to start at 11.30am IST.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why