Sebastian Vettel grabs pole at Australian GP
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Melbourne: Triple world champion Sebastian Vettel started the Formula One 2013 season strongly as he grabbed pole for the Australian GP on Sunday morning.
After heavy rains had forced the Saturday qualifying to be abandoned, the session resumed on Sunday morning, with the race still scheduled for later in the day. With only marginally better conditions, the final two sessions were completed on a still wet circuit.
But as the conditions improved and the track dried up, Red Bull`s two drivers began to show their superiority and Vettel and Webber will line up beside each other at the front of the grid later today as the first Formula One race of the year gets underway.
Force India`s Paul di Resta qualified 9th while Adrian Sutil only managed 12th.
The entire qualifying results and grid line-up for the Australian GP is as follows:
Pos. Driver (Team)
1 Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull)
2 Mark Webber (Red Bull)
3 Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
4 Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
5 Fernando Alonso (Ferrari)
6 Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
7 Kimi Raikkonen (Lotus)
8 Romain Grosjean (Lotus)
9 Paul Di Resta (Force India)
10 Jenson Button (McLaren)
11 Nico Hulkenberg (Sauber)
12 Adrian Sutil (Force India)
13 Jean-Eric Vergne (Toro Rosso)
14 Daniel Ricciardo (Toro Rosso)
15 Sergio Perez (McLaren)
16 Valtteri Bottas (Williams)
17 Pastor Maldonado (Williams)
18 Esteban Gutierrez (Sauber)
19 Jules Bianchi (Marussia)
20 Max Chilton (Marussia)
21 Giedo van der Garde (Caterham)
22 Charles Pic (Caterham)
The race is expected to start at 11.30am IST.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital