Sebastian Vettel on pole in Singapore
Singapore: Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel secured the team`s 14th pole position in as many races this season when the German world champion led Saturday`s qualifying for the Singapore Grand Prix.
Vettel, who can become Formula One`s youngest double world champion this weekend, lapped the Marina Bay Circuit in one minute 44.381 seconds to edge out team mate Mark Webber by 0.351 seconds.
McLaren`s Jenson Button was third fastest under the floodlights in Singapore with a time of 1:44.804.
The pole position was Red Bull`s 15th in a row stretching back to the final race of last season at Abu Dhabi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened