Sebastian Vettel takes pole in Malaysian GP
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Sepang: Sebastian Vettel took pole position for the Malaysian Grand Prix on Saturday taking his career pole tally to 38 after fighting through difficult qualifying sessions, struck by heavy rain.
Vettel set the best time of 1min 49.674sec, ahead of rival Ferrari drivers Felipe Massa (1:50.587) and Fernando Alonso (1:50.727), with Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton taking fourth position on the grid. Red Bull driver Mark Webber and Mercedes ace Nico Rosberg will start from 5th and 6th.
2013 Australian GP winner Kimi Raikonnen took 7th position. However, the Finn was penalized for holding back Rosberg, and hence will start from the 10th position.
Force India’s Adrian Sutil put up a good lap and finished 9th but will start from 8th, alongside McLaren driver Jenson Button on 7th. Sutil was leading until rain interrupted the second session causing him to lose control of his car twice.
Rain has played spoil-sport in the the Malaysian GP in the past as well. Alonso won last year’s race, after a long delay due to rain and the 2009 race was also cancelled, after just 31 laps, for the same reason.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch