Sebastian Vettel wins Canadian Grand Prix
Zee Media Bureau
Montreal: Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday to move 36 points clear at the top of the drivers’ championship.
This was Vettel’s third win of the 2013 season and first on North American soil.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso was second while Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton finished third.
“It was a great race and I had a great start which was important. Finally we got our first win, it`s off the list now and it was great to win," Vettel said.
However, the race was marred by the tragic death of a marshal who was hit by a recovery vehicle while trying to pick up his radio.
The marshal was on the race track to recover a car which had stopped during the race.
He was airlifted to hospital in Montreal where he was pronounced dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!