Sebastian Vettel wins Canadian Grand Prix
Zee Media Bureau
Montreal: Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday to move 36 points clear at the top of the drivers’ championship.
This was Vettel’s third win of the 2013 season and first on North American soil.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso was second while Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton finished third.
“It was a great race and I had a great start which was important. Finally we got our first win, it`s off the list now and it was great to win," Vettel said.
However, the race was marred by the tragic death of a marshal who was hit by a recovery vehicle while trying to pick up his radio.
The marshal was on the race track to recover a car which had stopped during the race.
He was airlifted to hospital in Montreal where he was pronounced dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok