Sebastian Vettel wins Canadian Grand Prix
Zee Media Bureau
Montreal: Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel won the Canadian Grand Prix on Sunday to move 36 points clear at the top of the drivers’ championship.
This was Vettel’s third win of the 2013 season and first on North American soil.
Ferrari’s Fernando Alonso was second while Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton finished third.
“It was a great race and I had a great start which was important. Finally we got our first win, it`s off the list now and it was great to win," Vettel said.
However, the race was marred by the tragic death of a marshal who was hit by a recovery vehicle while trying to pick up his radio.
The marshal was on the race track to recover a car which had stopped during the race.
He was airlifted to hospital in Montreal where he was pronounced dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi