Second consecutive win thrills Mahi Racing`s co-owners
New Delhi: Mahi Racing Team India co-owners actor Nagarjuna and Nandish Domlur are thrilled by their side`s second win in a row in the FIM Supersport Championship.
Nagarjuna and Nandish were in Spain, cheering the two riders, when Fabien Foret took the chequered flag for Mahi Racing, co-owned by Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Foret recorded the fastest lap of 2`02.743 in the 18-lap race. It was Foret`s 16th win of his career and the 2002 WSS Champion has now become the new leader in the current World Championship.
"We are absolutely thrilled with our team`s victory today. During the qualification round we knew that our riders were all set to recreate the Philip Island magic in Spain and they did not disappoint us," said Nagarjuna and Nandish.
"It was a fantastic race and we are super excited and hope our fans in India will share our excitement," Nagarjuna added.
In February, the defending and three-time World Supersport Champion Kenan Sofuoglu gave Mahi Racing Team India the first win of the season and set the new lap record in 1`33.283 in Phillip Island, Australia .
Supported by Kawasaki as its factory team, with technical direction in the hands of Andrew Stone, the Mahi Racing Team will be moving on the next race at Assen in Netherlands on 28th April 2013, with supreme confidence.
The Indian round will be held at the Buddh International Circuit in November this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof