Security tightened in Bahrain ahead of Formula One
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manama: Bahrain has increased its security arrangement for next week`s Formula One race after a series of explosions, including a gas cylinder blast that set a car ablaze in the Gulf nation`s financial district.
Although the attacks caused no major injuries or damage to property, it sent a message that militants could step up violence before Sunday`s F1, the premier international event in the kingdom.
Bahrain has experienced more than two years of unrest between the Sunni-led government and majority Shiites.
Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says the four blasts happened in quick succession late yesterday, ending with the gas canister explosion inside a stolen car in Bahrain`s Financial Harbor.
Bahrain says it will provide "adequate" security to protect fans and F1 teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'