Security tightened in Bahrain ahead of Formula One
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manama: Bahrain has increased its security arrangement for next week`s Formula One race after a series of explosions, including a gas cylinder blast that set a car ablaze in the Gulf nation`s financial district.
Although the attacks caused no major injuries or damage to property, it sent a message that militants could step up violence before Sunday`s F1, the premier international event in the kingdom.
Bahrain has experienced more than two years of unrest between the Sunni-led government and majority Shiites.
Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says the four blasts happened in quick succession late yesterday, ending with the gas canister explosion inside a stolen car in Bahrain`s Financial Harbor.
Bahrain says it will provide "adequate" security to protect fans and F1 teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you