Security tightened in Bahrain ahead of Formula One
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Manama: Bahrain has increased its security arrangement for next week`s Formula One race after a series of explosions, including a gas cylinder blast that set a car ablaze in the Gulf nation`s financial district.
Although the attacks caused no major injuries or damage to property, it sent a message that militants could step up violence before Sunday`s F1, the premier international event in the kingdom.
Bahrain has experienced more than two years of unrest between the Sunni-led government and majority Shiites.
Bahrain`s Interior Ministry says the four blasts happened in quick succession late yesterday, ending with the gas canister explosion inside a stolen car in Bahrain`s Financial Harbor.
Bahrain says it will provide "adequate" security to protect fans and F1 teams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj