Sergio to start 10th, Hulkenberg 11th at Monaco GP
Monaco: Sahara Force India`s chance to challenge Ferrai for the third position diminished after Sergio Perez and Nico Hulkenberg managed 10th and 11th place on the grid for tomorrow`s Monaco Grand Prix, here.
Ferrai are placed third with 66 points, nine more that Force India, in the constructors championship.
Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen are better placed on the grid for the tomorrow`s race as the Italian secured a fifth place, just ahead of his Finnish teammate.
"Although it`s good to be in the top ten, I`m feeling a bit disappointed not to be higher up the grid. My hot lap in Q3 was quite difficult and I had a lock-up going into the Nouvelle Chicane ? so there was definitely more speed in the car," Perez said.
"One of the main challenges was getting the tyres in the perfect working condition and I don?t think we maximised that today. We need to look at ways to make up positions tomorrow and we should be aggressive with our strategy because I don?t think there will be too many overtaking opportunities," the Mexican added.
Hulkenberg said he was not "too disappointed: with P11.
"The traffic management by the team was good and although I had some traffic in both Q1 and Q2, it was not at the crucial moments. Starting from P11 with an extra set of fresh tyres gives us a good chance of scoring points tomorrow. It?s a long race and we have to be ready to react quickly with the strategy to try and gain some positions. We also expect more cloud cover tomorrow and there is even a chance of rain," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!