Singapore GP: Poor qualifying for Force India, Sutil 15th, Paul 17th on grid
Singapore: Sahara Force India continued to struggle as Adrian Sutil will start tomorrow`s Singapore Grand Prix from 15th position on the grid and Paul di Resta from 17th.
Di Resta was eliminated in Q1 after timing 1:46.121 while Sutil could not make it to Q3 after managing a 1:45.185 in Q2.
Sebastian Vettel secured his fifth pole of the season after his scorching first and only lap (1:42.841) in Q3 and joining him on the front row was Nico Rosberg in his Mercedes.
Lotus` Romain Grosjean was third, followed by Mark Webber in the second Red Bull. Lewis Hamilton was sixth in the second Mercedes and behind him were two Ferrai drivers --Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa.
McLaren`s Jenson Button, Toro Rosso`s Danile Ricciardo and Sauber`s Esteban Gutierrez completed the top-10.
Sutil said the team was still fighting to understand and rectify the problem.
"P15 is disappointing because it?s some way off where we were aiming to be. We are just too slow to fight for the top ten at the moment and everyone is working hard to try and understand where we are losing out. All we can do is keep fighting tomorrow and if we do a good strategy we can hopefully gain some places," the German racer said.
Paul said,"I think we simply didn?t have enough speed today and all weekend I?ve been struggling with my one-lap pace. It`s a tough, long race ahead of us and it?s difficult to overtake, but anything can happen and we will keep fighting," Paul said.
Team Principal Vijay Mallya said," We`ve not been able to get the car in the optimal working range and it`s clear that we are not getting the most from the tyres. Our long run pace has looked more encouraging so hopefully we can exploit that tomorrow and make the most of events in the race to maximise our strategies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur