Six Hours of Fuji: Karun, team qualify sixth
Fuji: India`s Karun Chandhok, along with his JRM Racing team-mates David Brabham and Peter Dumbreck will start the Six Hours of Fuji, the seventh round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, from sixth on the grid.
Brabham was in the HPD ARX 03 hot seat for qualifying for the first time since the season opening race in Sebring and set a best time of 1:30.410 on his fourth lap on track.
Sunday`s race will be the first time in 24 years that endurance racing will be run around the foothills of Mount Fuji. The race will be the penultimate round of the season and JRM Racing will seek to regain ground in the privateers` championship in which it is currently third, only 31 points behind second-placed Strakka Racing.
Chandhok, who is driving in Fuji for the first time, said: "I`ve really enjoyed my first laps at Fuji. I`ve never raced here before so having the test on Wednesday was a big advantage as I could learn the track before we got into the race preparation.
"It`s a great circuit, with some quick flowing corners, particularly turn three, the kink which puts you under a lot of pressure in the car. It looks a close battle between all the privateer teams, as usual."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- "Voices under the rubble" after quake hits Italy; at least 38 dead
- Rafael Nadal to make Brisbane International debut in 2017
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati