Six Hours of Fuji: Karun, team qualify sixth
Fuji: India`s Karun Chandhok, along with his JRM Racing team-mates David Brabham and Peter Dumbreck will start the Six Hours of Fuji, the seventh round of the FIA World Endurance Championship, from sixth on the grid.
Brabham was in the HPD ARX 03 hot seat for qualifying for the first time since the season opening race in Sebring and set a best time of 1:30.410 on his fourth lap on track.
Sunday`s race will be the first time in 24 years that endurance racing will be run around the foothills of Mount Fuji. The race will be the penultimate round of the season and JRM Racing will seek to regain ground in the privateers` championship in which it is currently third, only 31 points behind second-placed Strakka Racing.
Chandhok, who is driving in Fuji for the first time, said: "I`ve really enjoyed my first laps at Fuji. I`ve never raced here before so having the test on Wednesday was a big advantage as I could learn the track before we got into the race preparation.
"It`s a great circuit, with some quick flowing corners, particularly turn three, the kink which puts you under a lot of pressure in the car. It looks a close battle between all the privateer teams, as usual."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex slips from 11-month high ahead of Fed, BoJ meets
- AN 32 one of safest aircraft with IAF, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis seeks justice for Narsingh Yadav, amidst doping row
- India finds promising natural gas hydrates in Bay of Bengal
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang