Sizzling Marquez wins Indy GP
Miami: Spain`s rookie sensation Marc Marquez extended his lead in the MotoGP world championship after another convincing victory in Sunday`s Indianapolis Grand Prix.
Compatriot and Repsol Honda team mate Dani Pedrosa finished second, 3.495 seconds behind Marquez, with another Spaniard Jorge Lorenzo ending in third place on his Yamaha.
Italy`s seven-time world champion Valentino Rossi burst into fourth place on the final lap.
Marquez`s win, his third victory in a row, completes his sweep of the races in the United States following his wins at Laguna Seca and Austin.
"Maybe I should make America my next country, I`ve won the three races here... I love it," joked Marquez after extending his lead at the top of the standings to 21 points from Pedrosa (167) and reigning world champion Lorenzo (153).
Marquez topped every session he took part in during the weekend and started on pole for the 27 lap race.
After making a poor start the 20-year-old fought his way into the lead overtaking Lorenzo on the ninth lap and Pedrosa four laps later.
Pedrosa looked like he would have to settle for third place but powered ahead of Lorenzo at the start of the penultimate lap.
Pedrosa and Lorenzo, both coming back from injuries, gained their first podium finishes since the Catalan Grand Prix in Barcelona two months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi