‘Skeptical’ Hamilton ‘not hopeful’ of pole position in Abu Dhabi GP
London: Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has said he has no hopes of being on pole position for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix despite doing well in a practice session.
Hamilton was fastest in first practice and 0.168 seconds behind Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel in the second. But when asked if he had a chance of pole, the Brit rejected the idea.
“Honestly, no. But I`m going to give it my all. The last four races have been won by a certain guy. But if we get ahead it will be a huge bonus,” the BBC quoted Hamilton, as saying.
According to the report, Hamilton said that he had been happy with his car in first practice but not in the second and he suspected that he was failing to get the ``soft`` ``option`` tyres into their correct working temperature range.
"It`s been an interesting day. We have got through quite a lot. It seemed quite good in P1. P2 was a bit of a struggle for me,” he said.
"I set a good time on the prime [``medium`` compound tyre] but people seemed to find about 0.8secs on the option and I wasn`t able to get any time out of it. Perhaps it`s about switching the tyres on. If we get pole it would be fantastic but we shouldn`t get our hopes up; Sebastian has got a faster car,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack