Sochi Autodrom ready for Russian GP
Sochi: The Sochi Autodrom here is ready to host the first edition of the Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix scheduled for Oct 10-12.
"The circuit is in very good condition and will be issued with a license," F1 Race Director Charlie Whiting said after inspecting the venue Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
Chief organiser of the race Sergei Vorobyov said the inspection commission of the International Automobile Federation (FIA) is done with "the last inspection" of the Autodrom.
He added that around 30,000 or 60 percent of the tickets have been sold out. The prices range from 5,000 rubles in an open standing area to 162,000 rubles in VIP lounges.
Vorobyov said the tickets were expected to be sold out by the end of September, adding that no cheap tickets have been left.
Sochi also hosted the Winter Olympics in February-March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister