Sochi Autodrom ready for Russian GP
Sochi: The Sochi Autodrom here is ready to host the first edition of the Formula 1 Russian Grand Prix scheduled for Oct 10-12.
"The circuit is in very good condition and will be issued with a license," F1 Race Director Charlie Whiting said after inspecting the venue Tuesday, reports Xinhua.
Chief organiser of the race Sergei Vorobyov said the inspection commission of the International Automobile Federation (FIA) is done with "the last inspection" of the Autodrom.
He added that around 30,000 or 60 percent of the tickets have been sold out. The prices range from 5,000 rubles in an open standing area to 162,000 rubles in VIP lounges.
Vorobyov said the tickets were expected to be sold out by the end of September, adding that no cheap tickets have been left.
Sochi also hosted the Winter Olympics in February-March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi