Sofuoglu to start on front row at Imola
New Delhi: Mahi Racing Team India rider Kenan Sofuoglu will start the Imola leg of the 2013 World Supersport Championship on the front row after finishing second in the qualifying race.
The defending champion set a time of 1`50.902 to finish behind Sam Lowes of Yakhnich Motorsport.
This is the seventh race of the season with both the Mahi Racing riders Kenan Sofuoglu and Fabien Foret tied at second spot with 81 points.
Sofuoglu, who is seeking a victory at Imola to close in on the top spot in overall standing, was satisfied with his performance and felt that he was in a position to challenge for the chequered flag in Italy tomorrow.
"It was important to seal a place on the front row to challenge for the race win tomorrow. I am happy to achieve that goal," said Sofuoglu.
Foret would start the race on 11th spot after setting a time of 1`52.203.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore