Sofuoglu to start on front row at Imola
New Delhi: Mahi Racing Team India rider Kenan Sofuoglu will start the Imola leg of the 2013 World Supersport Championship on the front row after finishing second in the qualifying race.
The defending champion set a time of 1`50.902 to finish behind Sam Lowes of Yakhnich Motorsport.
This is the seventh race of the season with both the Mahi Racing riders Kenan Sofuoglu and Fabien Foret tied at second spot with 81 points.
Sofuoglu, who is seeking a victory at Imola to close in on the top spot in overall standing, was satisfied with his performance and felt that he was in a position to challenge for the chequered flag in Italy tomorrow.
"It was important to seal a place on the front row to challenge for the race win tomorrow. I am happy to achieve that goal," said Sofuoglu.
Foret would start the race on 11th spot after setting a time of 1`52.203.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why