South Korea, Mexico and New Jersey ditched from F1 programme
Paris: Three Grands Prix have been removed from the provisional Formula One calendar for 2014 at the International Automobile Federation`s AGM on Wednesday.
Races in South Korea, Mexico and New Jersey had been included in a bloated 22-race programme for next season but the FIA has decided to keep the current programme of 19 races.
With a new fixture on the calendar in Sochi for the Russian Grand Prix next year, the Korean race at Yeongam has had to make way.
It also means no prospective new race in Mexico, nor a return to the calendar for New Jersey.
An original 22-race provisional calendar had been announced on September 30 but that has now been reduced.
The Indian Grand Prix has also had to make way for the Austrian race at the Red Bull Ring, although that had already been announced in September.
The only other change from the 2013 calendar sees the German GP move from the Nurburgring to Hockenheim.
2014 F1 calendar:
March 16: Australia (Melbourne)
March 30: Malaysia (Sepang)
April 6: Bahrain (Sakhir)
April 20: China (Shanghai)
May 11: Spain (Barcelona)
May 25: Monaco (Monte Carlo)
June 8: Canada (Montreal)
June 22: Austria (Red Bull Ring)
July 6: Great Britain (Silverstone)
July 20: Germany (Hockenheim)
July 27: Hungary (Budapest)
August 24: Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
September 7: Italy (Monza)
September 21: Singapore (Marina Bay)
October 5: Japan (Suzuka)
October 12: Russia (Sochi)
November 2: United States (Austin)
November 9: Brazil (Interlagos, Sao Paulo)
November 23: Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack