South Korea, Mexico and New Jersey ditched from F1 programme
Paris: Three Grands Prix have been removed from the provisional Formula One calendar for 2014 at the International Automobile Federation`s AGM on Wednesday.
Races in South Korea, Mexico and New Jersey had been included in a bloated 22-race programme for next season but the FIA has decided to keep the current programme of 19 races.
With a new fixture on the calendar in Sochi for the Russian Grand Prix next year, the Korean race at Yeongam has had to make way.
It also means no prospective new race in Mexico, nor a return to the calendar for New Jersey.
An original 22-race provisional calendar had been announced on September 30 but that has now been reduced.
The Indian Grand Prix has also had to make way for the Austrian race at the Red Bull Ring, although that had already been announced in September.
The only other change from the 2013 calendar sees the German GP move from the Nurburgring to Hockenheim.
2014 F1 calendar:
March 16: Australia (Melbourne)
March 30: Malaysia (Sepang)
April 6: Bahrain (Sakhir)
April 20: China (Shanghai)
May 11: Spain (Barcelona)
May 25: Monaco (Monte Carlo)
June 8: Canada (Montreal)
June 22: Austria (Red Bull Ring)
July 6: Great Britain (Silverstone)
July 20: Germany (Hockenheim)
July 27: Hungary (Budapest)
August 24: Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
September 7: Italy (Monza)
September 21: Singapore (Marina Bay)
October 5: Japan (Suzuka)
October 12: Russia (Sochi)
November 2: United States (Austin)
November 9: Brazil (Interlagos, Sao Paulo)
November 23: Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog