Spanish man sues `comatose` Schumacher over alleged traffic accident
London: A Spanish man has reportedly sued comatose Formula One legend Michael Schumacher in relation to an alleged traffic accident in Spain, which happened just weeks before his horrific skiing accident.
The retired seven-time German champion has been in a coma for nearly four months since hitting his head on a rock in the French Alps on December 29.
According to the Daily Star, the Spaniard, who is yet unnamed, claimed that the former Ferrari driver knocked him off his motorcycle as they crossed paths at a roundabout in Seville and said that he is entitled to compensation after breaking his wrist and damaging his clothes and motorcycle in the accident on November 17 last year.
The report mentioned that Schumacher and the firm that lent him the reported Audi A4 were both named in the complaint and a police report also showed that Schumacher, who was on holiday there, failed to respect the driver`s right of way.
However, the report said that due of his current state, Schumacher would not need to attend a trial if his representatives or insurers challenged the claims made by the biker although sources said that the car hire company`s insurance firm has accepted liability and will reach a settlement to cover costs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you